If you want to become a certified GST practitioner, this may be your chance. National Academy of Customs will conduct exams for confirmation of enrollment of Goods and Services Tax Practitioners. It will be a Computer Based Exam. The Registration for this exam can be done by the eligible GSTPs on ‘nacin.onlineregistrationform.org’. The registrations link will also be available on NACIN and CBIC websites.
“National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) has been authorized to conduct an examination for confirmation of enrollment of Goods and Services Tax Practitioners (GSTPs) in terms of the sub-rule (3) of rule 83 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, vide Notification No. 24/2018-Central Tax dated 28.5.2018,” said an official statement.
“The GSTPs enrolled on the GST Network under sub-rule (2) of Rule 83and covered byclause (b) of sub-rule (1) of Rule 83, i.e. those meeting the eligibility criteria of having enrolled as sales tax practitioners or tax return preparer under the existing law for a period not less than five years, are required to pass the said examination before 31.12.2018 in terms of second proviso to Rule 83(3),” it added.
The Registration Portal will be activated on 25th September, 2018 and will remain open up to 10th Oct 2018. For convenience of candidates, a help desk will also be set up, details of which will be made available on the registration portal.
The applicants are required to make online payment of examination fee of Rs 500/- at the time of registration for this exam.
The examination for such GSTPs shall be conducted on 31.10.2018 from 1100 hrs to 1330 hrs at designated Examination Centres across India.
Pattern and Syllabus of the Examination
PAPER: GST Law & Procedures:
* Time allowed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
* Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 100
* Language of Questions: English and Hindi
* Maximum marks: 200
* Qualifying marks: 100
* No negative marking
* Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
* Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
* State Goods and Services Tax Acts, 2017
* Union Territory Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017
* Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017
* Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
* Integrated Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
* All State Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
* Notifications, Circulars and orders issued from time to time