The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India’s central banking institution, which controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee. It commenced its operations on 1 April 1935 during the British Rule in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The original share capital was divided into shares of 100 each fully paid, which were initially owned entirely by private shareholders. Following India’s independence on 15 August 1947, the RBI was nationalised on 1 January 1949.
The RBI plays an important part in the Development Strategy of the Government of India. It is a member bank of the Asian Clearing Union
Company Website: RBI
Positions: Junior Engineer
Total vacancies: 24
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – 15 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Electrical) – 9 Posts
Experience: 1 – 2 Years
Salary: Rs. 21,400/- PM
Job Location: Across India
Junior Engineer (Civil):
- Minimum three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised Institute or University or Board with minimum 65% of marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD) or
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University with 55% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD).
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders or at least 1-year experience for Degree holders in execution and supervision of civil construction work and/ or civil maintenance of office buildings/ commercial buildings/ residential complexes with basic knowledge of RCC design and other civil works, working knowledge of computers, experience in preparation of tenders for civil works, etc.
Junior Engineer (Electrical):
- Minimum three years Diploma in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized Institute or University or Board with minimum 65% of marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD) or
- Degree in Electrical or Electrical and Electronic Engineering from a recognized University with 55% marks (45% for SC/ST/PWD).
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders or at least 1-year experience for Degree holders in execution and supervision of electrical installations in large buildings/ commercial buildings having HT/ LT substations, central AC plants, lifts, UPS, DG sets, CCTV, Fire alarm system, etc.
Age Limits: 20 to 30 years as on 01-01-2019
- Selection will be through Online Examination and Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The
Online Examination will be for 300 marks.
- The language proficiency test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language/s of the zone concerned.
- Final selection will be on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit.
Scheme of Examination:
|Name of Test||No. of Qns||Max Marks|
|Engineering Discipline Paper I||40||100|
|Engineering Discipline Paper II||40||100|
- For SC/ST/PWD/EXS Candidates: Rs.50/-
- For GEN/OBC Candidates: Rs.450/-
Mode of Payment: Online mode using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Examination Centres: Agartala, Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh-Mohali, Chennai, Dehradun, Gangtok-Bardang, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai-Navi Mumbai, Ranchi, Shillong, Nagpur, Shimla, New Delhi(NCR), Srinagar, Panaji, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna, Pune & Raipur.
How To Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates apply for this position in online latest by 27th January 2019.
- Commencement of online registration of application: 7 January 2019
- Closure of online registration of application: 27 January 2019
- Online Fee Payment: 7 January 2019 to 27 January 2019
- Tentative Date of Online Examination: February 2019